Tuesday was Mardi Gras. Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. Today, is Valentine’s Day. All of these special days falling in one crazy week. I am so thankful today, although it is everyone’s Thursday, it is my Friday. (If that makes since…)
AT THE SALON
This has been a crazy work week for me. I have had a week full of hair color transformations. It is only mid February, but for some reason everyone wants to go lighter. I wasn’t expecting to change my brunettes to blonde bombshells until March or April, but it happened this week, which meant long days, and late nights at the salon.
PHASE 1, WEEK 3, DAYS 16,17,18
DAY 16, Monday, 2/11/13,
BACK and BICEPS
- Hammer Strength Lat PullÂ – 3 sets 10 reps Â – (50lbs)
- Wide-Grip Lat PulldownÂ – 3 sets 10 reps – (30lbs) alternative work out PULL UPS
Seated Narrow Grip Cable RowsÂ – 3 sets 10 rep – (30lbs)
T-Bar RowÂ – 3 sets 10 reps – (10lb weight, 20lb bar, total 30lbs.
Back ExtensionsÂ – 3 sets 10 reps – (body weight or hold weight with arm across chest) NOTE: This is my new favorite work out for lower back muscles.
- Â Â Barbell CurlÂ – 3 sets 10 reps – (20lb straight bar) NOTE: I really felt this worked my biceps. They were super sore the next day.
- Â Incline Dumbbell CurlÂ – 3 sets 10 reps – (started first set with 5 lbs just to work on proper for then went up to 10 lbs for the rest of the sets)Â
- Â Alternate Hammer CurlÂ – 3 sets 10 reps – (10 lbs)
Tuesday, 2/12/13, REST DAY
The original plan for this day was to hit the gym at night. I am busy all day with an art class and work, so night time is the only time I have to work out. I ended up not being able to get home until 9:00 pm and the gym closes at 11. I decided I didn’t want to be the one closing the gym, so I used this as a rest day and planned to do that day’s work out, Day 17, the next day along with that day’s work out. Double duty. Didn’t want to fall behind.
THE DOUBLE DUTY DAY
DAY 17 & DAY 18, Wednesday, 2/14/13
- Incline Dumbbell PressÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – (10 lbs)
Flat Bench FlyesÂ –Â 3 sets of 10 reps – (10 lbs)
Decline FlyesÂ –Â 3 sets of 10 reps – (10 lbs)
Bench DipsÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – ( using body weight) NOTE: This is one of my new favorites. It is simple but gets the job done.
- Â Lying EZ-Bar Triceps ExtensionÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – (20 lbs bar) NOTE: This one was very hard and I needed a spotter.Â
- Â Dumbbell Triceps KickbackÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – (5lbs, hopeful my triceps will get strong enough so I can take this one up a bit, and use 10 lbs.)
- Â Overhead Two Handed Triceps ExtensionÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – (10 lbs)
- Â Cable One Arm Triceps ExtensionÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – (20lbs)
- Â Leg ExtensionsÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – Â (30 lbs)
- Â Wide Stance Barbell SquatÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – (80lbs plus 20 lb bar, total 100 lbs)
- Â Walking Barbell LungeÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps Â – (30 lbs)
Single-Leg Barbell Deadlift (shown with kettlebell)Â – 3 sets of 10 reps – (15 lbs)
Lying Leg CurlsÂ – 3 sets of Â 10 reps – (30 lbs)
- Â Seated Calf RaiseÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – (45 lbs)
Standing Calf RaisesÂ – 3 sets of 10 reps – Â (90 lbs)
Today, Thursday, 2/14/13 is DAY 19 of LIVEFIT. I will be hitting the gym this afternoon, to work on Shoulders & Abs. I will not be taking any more rest days until the end of phase 1. If for some reason I can’t make it to the gym, I will take a rest day and do double duty the following day. But this is only if for some reason I am desperate and can’t make it to the gym. Jamie Eason does have 2 videos of at home work outs just in case, but I’d rather just try to stick to the program as closely as I can.
First things First. I am desperately missing my RUNNER’S HIGH! But I also can’t believe how fast Phase 1 is flying on by. Today will be the last day of week 3 and then I am moving right on to week 4. 1 more week and then Phase 2 begins, where you can introduce cardio into the program, and for me running. Yippee!! Can’t wait to experience my runner’s high again. However, I will admit that I have really enjoyed focusing on getting stronger. I think that it is super important, and it gave me the opportunity to focus on eating clean as well. Plus, waiting to run, will just make my runner’s high that much sweeter.
I also wanted to tell you, that I am starting to see some results, and feel them too. I didn’t think I would see much results especially this fast, because I am an athlete already in pretty good shape. But, my arms are starting to take shape, and I have began to see even more definition in my legs and abs. As for feeling results, I am feeling stronger. I also have been really tired lately, but I think that has a lot to do with work and not really the Livefit program. I am pretty sore though, everyday. I am also much more hungry, but I think that is because my growing muscles need fuel and my metabolism is fired up.
I have already been eating clean for about 9 months now, but I was having challenges with eating enough calories. I am doing much better about preparing my meals, and packing my food. The two things I need to work on now, is drinking more water, and making more protein shakes. But I am still taking my other supplements.
So that sums up my update with the Livefit program. I can’t wait for Phase 2 to begin, in about a week, because during Phase 2 I will also start my half marathon training.
Oh BTW, I updated my about page, so check it out. I also updated my race times. Please follow me on twitter, athlinks, and instagram.
Questions for You
- Do you eat clean? What is your favorite eat clean food/meal?
- What challenges do you have it your fitness routine?
- To my Runner followers: What is the longest amount of time have you gone with out running?
Â© 2013 sweatdaily