I was nominated for the Liebster Blog, by Katie from the blog, fitness, food and photography. I want to apologize for responding to this post so late, but better late than never. I also want to thank Katie for being so sweet to nominate me.
So here it goes… 11 facts about myself.
1) I try to eat everything organic. I don’t label myself as vegan or vegetarian but I eat meat in moderation.
2) The last two years I have become passionate in growing my own food. Although, I live in the city, the older I get the more I develop a longing to have some sort of farm.
3) I am a knitter. As a child, my mom taught me how to knit, but it wasn’t until last September that I really began to think of knitting as a form of art. Now I have become a ‚Äúyarn snob,‚ÄĚ guilty of having an obsession with high quality yarn. I love natural fibers such as merino wool, alpaca, cashmere, mohair, angora, silk, cotton, and linen. I also have a knitting blog on tumblr. If you are interested in checking out any of my projects you can find them at my tumblr blog, ¬†Cashmere and Silk.
My latest Chunky Knit! Hand knit by me.
4) I am a hairstylist. In many ways, I find knitting and hairstyling similar. Both, satisfies my passion, for texture and color, it allows me to build a shape.
Me doing hair for photo shoots.
5) I was born with copper hair, as I aged it turned blonde. I started coloring my hair when I was 18 and have been every shade of blonde. Two years ago, I changed my platinum pixie hair, to red. And I love it!
6) I am an artist. Charcoal is my favorite medium. I like to draw people.
7) I love to travel. Barcelona is one of my favorite places in the world.
8) I am a marathon runner. I much rather run far, than run fast.
9) I have been practicing Bikram yoga for 5 years.
10) I drink a Chai Latte almost everyday.
11) I have two dogs. Sometimes I think puppies are cuter than babies.
Here are the¬†Questions My Nominee wanted me to Answer:
1)¬† How much time do you spend Blogging every day?
Oh I don’t know… It is not consistent.¬†
2)¬† What is the one song that get stuck in your head all day after you hear it?
I dunno, it changes all the time! I am always trying to discover new music.¬†
3)¬† What TV shows are on your DVR right now?
Homeland and Dexter
4)¬† What is your favorite season and why?
I love Fall. The crisp cool clean air makes running so refreshing and enjoyable. Oh and nothing is better than being wrapped up in a chunky knit. I also love fall flavors, such as Chai and Pumpkin.
5)¬† What is your favorite brand of jeans?
I would have to say AG, but to be totally honest I live in my black Lululemon leggings.¬†
6)¬† Last movie you watched?
I actually watch a ton of movies. Last night I was at a friend’s house, and we watched The Fighter. It is amazing how much weight Christian Bale lost in order to play the role of Dicky- the older brother crack addict. The movie, based on a true story, takes place in¬†Lowell,¬†Massachusetts.¬†This really touches my heart because I have ton of family in Mass and¬†the accents in the movie are amazing. I mean Christian Bale is from Wales, but you would never know. The costumes are really good too. ¬†Immediately you know this movie is set in the late 80s, early 90s, just because of the costumes. But in the end, my favorite part is the relationship the two brothers have, Dicky and Micky. I have two sisters, and I am really close with my family. I could totally relate to this brotherhood bond Dicky and Micky sure. In life, your sister, is the one person, you can be totally honest with, and who will push you to your fullest potential (especially in sports.)
I also love¬†documentaries. The other night, I watched one called The Elephant in the Living Room. This is based on Exotic Animals kept as pets. It makes me sick that people are so selfish to keep Lions or any other exotic animal in a cage when they belong in the wild.¬†
7)¬† If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be and why?
Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I love red hair. I love the water. I love the beach. I was actually her for halloween.¬†
8)¬† Name one talent that you wish you had.
I love to Dance, but I wish I could dance at a professional level.
9)¬† What is your best feature/ favorite body part?
10)¬† What did you eat for dinner last night?
11)¬† Favorite childhood game?
Truth or Dare
These are the blogs I nominate are…
1) Running in Mommyland
2) Sweat Every Day
3) Super Foodie Adventure
4) The Dancing Runner
5) Midlife Makeover blog
6) super generic girl
7) The Barefoot Monologues
8) Knitting Is Awesome¬†
9) Katie at Fox Flat
10) I heart Vegtables
For those who I nominated you don’t have to answer any questions from me. Just write 11 interesting facts about yourself and then nominate 11 other blogs. ¬†Thank you!