The last three days I have completed Days 23, 24, and 25 of the Livefit Trainer. OMG! One more day and I will be done with Phase 1, and moving on to Phase 2, week 5. This is exciting, but things are going to get tricky.
a quick recap of my days…
Phase 1, Week 4, Day 23¬†
Back and Biceps
- ¬†Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown¬†– 3 sets of 10 (35-40 lbs)
- ¬†Seated Narrow Grip Cable Rows¬†– 3 sest of 10 – ( 35 lbs first 2 sets brought it up to 40 lbs last set)
- ¬†T-Bar Row¬†– 3 sets of 10 – ( 20lb bar, 10 lb weight, total 30lbs)
- ¬†Back Extensions¬†– 3 sets of 10 – (using body weight)
- ¬†Barbell Curl¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (20 lbs)
- ¬†Incline Dumbbell Curl¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (10 lbs)
- ¬†Alternate Hammer Curl¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps (10 lbs)
Phase 1, Week 4, Day 24
Chest and Triceps
- ¬†Wide Pushups¬†¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (using body weight. )
- ¬†Incline Dumbbell Press¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (10 lbs)
- ¬†Flat Bench Flyes¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (10 lbs)
- ¬†Decline Flyes¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (10 lbs)
- ¬†Bench Dips¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – ( using body weight. MY FAVORITE NEW EXERCISE! )
- Dumbbell Triceps Kickback¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (5 lbs)
- Overhead Two Handed Triceps Extension¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (15 lbs. Last week I lifted 10lbs this week I am lifting heavier then last week. PROGRESS)
- Cable One Arm Triceps Extension¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (20 lbs)
Phase 1, Week 4, Day 25
- ¬†Leg Extensions¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (40 lbs)
- Wide Stance Barbell Squat¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (70 lbs)
- ¬†Walking Barbell Lunge¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (30 lbs)
- ¬†Single-Leg Barbell Deadlift (shown with kettlebell)¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (15 lbs)
- ¬†Lying Leg Curls¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (35 lbs)
- ¬†Seated Calf Raise¬†– 3 sets of ¬†10 reps – (70 lbs)
- ¬†Standing Calf Raises¬†– 3 sets of 10 reps – (90 lbs)
So that is what I have been lifting for the last couple of days…
I have come to the conclusion that my weakness is not clean eating, but rather organization and time management. I have been eating very clean, I just need to make sure I am eating enough. So this next phase, Phase 2, I am really going to work on planning my meals on Friday. I thought about Sunday, but Friday is my day off from work, so I will have more time to get these meals planned. I’ll have time to go grocery shopping, make the meals, and divide them up into their proper portions. ¬†I can’t wait to blog about it… so keep your eyes open for more “clean eating” posts!
Also in phase 2, Jamie Eason talks about measuring out your food, and calorie counting. I measure out my food, from time to time, but I never use a kitchen scale. So this will be my next purchase. A kitchen scale is important and helpful to ¬†measure all sorts of things, especially meats, in my case fish. Jamie Eason also suggests the app My Fitness Pal, for calorie counting. I have yet to use this app, but I have a client that is using it and he loves it. People can follow you, so they can see what you are eating. In his case, his personal trainer follows him.
This app will help recored calories. You are able to keep track of what you are eating – Maybe at the moment you are eating way to many carbs, but aren’t really aware of it… this app will make you aware. And because others can follow you, you will be motivated to stay on track. Sometimes people just need that little bit of support. Honestly, I am just not that picky, so I have never even thought about counting calories, but I am excited to try this app. I am really curious to see how many calories I consume on a daily basis.¬†
Rest in between sets is more important then you think…
Another helpful app that Jamie Eason suggest is called the GymBoss Timer. In Phase 1, we were lifting 3 sets of 10-12 reps using a minute to rest in between each set. This app has a basic timer on it that times a one minute rest period. It worked perfect. Resting in between sets is especially important in phase 2 when we will be lifting heavier and incorporating supersets into the mix.
¬†“For some exercises, you’ll feel ready to continue after one minute; other exercises might require two. Regardless, the rest period should be long enough to allow you to tackle each set with as much exertion as possible.” – Jamie Eason
Supersets… What is that??
A superset is when you perform an exercise set and immediately after you do a different exercise set with no rest time in between. ¬†You will also be “lifting to failure.” This means that on your last set, instead of lifting to your last rep number, you will continue to lift until your muscle is so tired it can not possibly perform another full rep.
Things are going to get tricky…
In the beginning of the post, I mentioned that I am excited about starting phase 2, but I also revealed that things will get tricky… In phase 2, we will start to throw cardio into the mix, which means RUNNING for me. Because I am a runner, this is super exciting for me… finally I will have my runner’s high back. Yay! However, ¬†things are going to get tricky, because I am also going to start my half marathon training.
Jamie Eason says it is best to lift weights first and then do your cardio. So the easiest thing to do, would be to hit the gym, lift and then go on the treadmill. But I hate the treadmill. When I am on a treadmill I feel like a hamster on a wheel. So the plan is to do my weight lifting and then go for a run outside. This also means I am going to have to wake up earlier. I am going to have to be in the gym no later than 7:30, and then have L meet me outside my gym, so we can start our runs from there. Or we could even meet up in our regular spot, since my gym is up the street from the running trail.
So what will J do?? She has options… We can do our weight lifting together, and then she can stay in the gym and do her cardio, while I go running with L. Or after weight lifting she can come along with L and I on our run.
Another tricky part… ¬†
In phase 2, Jamie Eason, claims that phase 2 is still a building phase. So she only has us doing 30 minutes of cardio… Well there are going to be days when I am just going to have to run longer then that… Sorry I am a long distance runner, training for three races in April.
Ok so that is it for now… Hopefully, I can juggle all of this. As long as I wake up earlier, and plan out everything well… I think I will be good to go.
Also guys, you can now follow me on Daily Mile! ¬†The above photo is my profile pic. I had to model my new lululemon running outfit and my newton shoes. But if you are a runner and you are not on Daily Mile you must get on it asap. It is an awesome community for endurance athletes, and a great way to track mileage, share it with others, and get the support you need!! I love it!!
I also joined Fitocracy!¬†¬† This site does not just cater to runners. It is an awesome fitness community that is filled with a very diverse crowd. You will find all sorts of athletes here. It is very easy to track your daily workouts, whatever it may be, including weight lifting. It is also very game like… because the more workouts you track the more points you achieve. You can move up to levels. There are groups you can join, where you can discuss whatever topics your desire. You will find motivation and support here!¬†Join asap and follow me!
I know this post was a long one but…
Things you need to do…
Check out the apps.
Check out the sites… Join and follow me!
Other amazing free fitness apps to check out…
Questions for You…
- What is your favorite fitness app?
- Are you on dailymile or fitocracy? If so let me know and I will follow you!
¬© 2013 sweatdaily