Because of the dramatic Election, the holidays seem to have been overshadowed. Is this how everyone feels? Or is it just me because I live in Washington, DC. Well, we can not forget them! Thanksgiving is approaching – it’s next week. To get in the holiday spirit, I have been making Truffles. These Chocolate Nog Truffles cane from a recipe I found in Veg News. They are spiked with spicy rum and nutmeg. They scream, “It’s the Holidays!” They are also really easy to make, I promise.
Here is what you need…
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3 3/4 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dark or spicy rum
- 1/2 cup sliver or chopped almonds
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegan shortening
- Roasted almonds or toasted coconut flakes for garnish.
Here is what you do…
- Using a handheld mixer, cream butter. Add powder sugar and nutmeg. Beat until coarse crumbs form. Slowly pour in rum and bear until fluffy. Fold in sliver or chopped almonds. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Remove mixture from refrigerator and use hands to roll into truffle balls. Place balls on to baking sheet and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a double broiler over medium heat melt chocolate and shortening. Stir and combine.
- Remove truffle balls from refrigerator. Using a fork slowly lift truffle ball from baking sheet and dip it in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Once all the truffles are covered with chocolate top each truffle with a roasted almond or toasted coconut.
- Place back in the refrigerator and let cool until chocolate mixture has harden into a shell.
- Share with friends and family. Enjoy!
I brought these Truffles into work and everyone loved them. These would also be great to bring to any holiday party.
What is your favorite holiday snack, dessert, or dish? Has anyone made Truffles before?
copyright 2016 sweat1xdaily