It is rise and grind time baby!Â
Lets do this!
I am now on day 71 of Jamie Eason’s Livefit trainer! Today’s workout is Circuit Training.Â Circuit training is something we have all heard of, but what is it exactly?? In this circuit, I completed 20 reps for every exercise back to back, without rest, for a total of 140 consecutive reps. Then I rested 3 minutes between each circuit and then repeated the full circuit 2 more times.
For these circuits, I did not lift heavy, because circuit training is not about building muscle. In these circuits I used the weight that was heaviest, while still being able to complete the full 20 reps for each exercise, 140 consecutive reps for the circuit.
Barbell DeadliftÂ – Â 20 reps – 50 lbs.
Straight Leg Deadlift – 20 reps – 50 lbs. – I added this.
Bent Over Barbell RowÂ – 20 reps- 40 lbs
- Â Wide-Grip Lat PulldownÂ – 20 reps – 40 lbs
- Â Seated Cable RowsÂ – 20 reps – 35 lbs
- Â Hyperextensions (Back Extensions)Â – 10 reps 10 lbs. 10 reps body weight only.
- Â Knee/Hip Raise On Parallel BarsÂ – 20 reps body weight
Pull ins on the exercise ball – 20 reps body weight.
Confession: I loved this circuit. I also love how I am really seeing results. However, honestly, I have been having a hard time fitting in my Cardio sessions.
New Goal: I am definitely going to start waking up earlier (6:30 am) and getting to the gym at least 30 mins earlier than I have been.
Questions for You…
- What is your favorite way to lift weights? supersets? active rest periods? circuit training
- Have you tried circuit training before?
Try this Circuit and let me know what you think??
Â© 2013 sweatdaily