I want to share with you my favorite leafy green!
How my friendship with Kale began…
I started eating Kale a couple years back when I first discovered Kris Carr. I read her book, Crazy Sexy Diet and watched her documentary Crazy Sexy Cancer, and was totally inspired. This book is a must read, and the documentary is a must see.
After being diagnosed with a slow moving rare cancer that has no cure, Kris Carr used food as her medicine. She became vegan, and ate a whole food mainly raw diet, based on an alkaline PH level. She juiced everyday, slurping down healthy gorgeous green juices made from kale.
How I eat Kale…
I love juicing Kale, or mixing it in with my protein shakes. I also love adding it to salads. I actually started eating Kale so often I started growing my own. Anyway, just recently I discovered this amazing Kale recipe in the cookbook I am obsessed with, Super Natural Everyday, by Heidi Swanson.
Miso-Curry Delicata Squash
- Summer Squash
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1 tablespoon Thai curry paste
- 4 medium new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 cups chopped kale
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut squash and potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, miso, and curry paste.
- Combine squash and potatoes with miso-curry paste. Toss.
- Roast in a glass baking pan for 25-30 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Add kale, lemon juice, tomatoes, pine nuts
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool, add cilantro.
This is a quick easy dish that taste amazing and is full of health benefits. This dish is organic, vegetarian/vegan. It can be eaten as a main dish or a side dish.
Questions for You…
- How do you eat kale?
- What is your favorite leafy green?
Â© 2013 sweatdaily