I have talked about it time and time again on this blog – over the last two years I have developed this new passion for food.
Not just any food though…
I have very high standards.
The type of food I’m talking about is…
It pisses me off that this type of food is so hard to find in the USA. It pisses me off how expensive it is to purchase these types of foods. However, it is important to me and I make it one of my highest priorities – and you should too.
I am always on a never ending quest to find new unique foods and recipes. My new favorite place to explore is Instagram (follow me!) I came across this fitness¬†enthusiast/foodie BRIANNA_SKY, (follow her!) She has several recipes posted, but one that I had to try the Date Pie.
My version is a little bit different. This Date Pie consists of 5 ingredients.
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Flour
- Pitted Dates
Tip: When buying Coconut Oil look for the higher quality and less processed. This will say words like unrefined, virgin, cold pressed, expeller-pressed, raw.
- Combine 1.5 cups of almond flour with 1/4 cup of coconut oil in a food processor or blender. Blend on pulse, until combined.
- Take 1 cup of this mixture and press it to the bottom of a pie pan, forming pie crust. For a thicker crust, add oats. Keep the left over 1/2 cup of mixture and set a side.
- Combine 2 cups of pitted dates and 1/2 cup of water in food processor or blender. Blend on pulse, until jam like consistency.
- Spread date mixture on top of newly made pie crust.
- Take 1/2 cup left over pie crust that was set a side, and crumble it on top of date layer.¬†
- Combine dark chocolate and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan. Simmer on low, continuing to stir until chocolate is totally melted to a liquid.
- Drizzle chocolate combination to top layer of pie. If you want to keep this pie 100% raw, omit this step.¬†
- Put in freezer for 1 hour, or¬†refrigerate for 2 hours.
This pie is amazing and super easy. There is no added sugar. There is only five ingredients. It is gluten free, organic, raw, and vegan.
Because I am cooking more and more, I am also going to add a recipe page, which will have links to every post I write with a recipe or is food related. So keep your eyes open for that.
I hope you all are having a wonder July 4th, and eating fabulous food.
¬© 2013 sweatdaily